Sunday, November 11, 2007

Country Music???

So my father-in-law promised his 12 yr old son (same marriage, they just waited FOREVER to have their second child) that he would take him to this country music concert put on by CMT. He then remembered at the last minute that he had already made plans and asked my wife and I to take her little brother in his place.

Now what's funny is that I am a born and bred Texan who is not a country music fan. I lost that interest a LONG time ago. My wife's family is from Long Island, NY but live in the Dallas area now. Her little brother LOVES country music and I guess he has converted his father... SO... We go to this concert tonight and to be honest, I was not really looking forward to it. Not just because of the music, but the Bud Light guzzling red-necks that would be joining us!!! There were a few idiots there (no surprise), BUT I have to admit that country music has changed DRASTICALLY since I listened to it last and my wife and I both really enjoyed it!

Don't worry, I won't be buying boots or a Stetson... but I certainly do have a greater appreciation for what country music has become! Our favorite band at the show... Little Big Town... just in case you want to check them out. Un-believable harmonies!!!

Off the subject - MY COWBOYS ARE GOING TO KILL THE WIFE'S GIANTS TODAY!!!!!

- MC

2 comments:

Valley Girl said...

I like country, too. I find that weird because (1) I'm Asian; (2) I am so the opposite of a Southern girl its not even funny; and (3) I hate the whole honky-tonk thing.

Anonymous said...

1. your cowgirls are gonna get trampeled, and 2. I really did like that band. I could have done without SugarLand but the pre bands really surprised me! Love you! GO GIANTS!!